Edel Reilly received her Professional Licentiate in Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture following three years professional training under the guidance of Professor Jin Hui De, Dr Jidong Wu and Dr Meng Fanyi through the Acupuncture Foundation of Ireland and further clinical practice under Dr. Gu Zhaojun at Nanjing University Second Affiliated Hospital in Nanjing China. Dr. Gu’s extremely busy clinic treated patients suffering from various neurological and muscular-skeletal conditions such as:
- Paralysis following stroke
- Chronic back pain
- Bell’s palsy (facial paralysis)
- Urine retention
- Frozen shoulder
- Digestive issues
- Tennis elbow
- Foot and Leg pain
Edel gained practical hands-on experience in treating these conditions working alongside Dr. Gu. During the course of her studies she also received invaluable clinical experience on a weekly basis shadowing Josephine Lynch who has over fifteen years experience using Traditional Chinese Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine to treat many conditions including fertility issues and patients going through the IVF journey.
Having worked as a Community Health Development Worker for over 15 years in some of the poorest areas of Dublin, Edel has a keen interest in how our environment , community and lifestyle impact on our potential health and well-being outcomes. The symptoms of stress both physical and mental are the body’s way of signalling that something is out of kilter. Our bodies mirror how we process our external world. Sometimes this is only obvious if we experience a physical injury or trauma but if a symptom or symptoms cause bearable unease we sometimes ignore it until it goes away (even if that takes months) or it becomes a dis-ease. Addressing such symptoms requires a holistic approach to our health and well being with Acupuncture being a powerful tool to support the changes required. The majority of patients experience a deep sense of relaxation and calm following an acupuncture treatment.
Edel has undergone specialised training in the following areas:
- Motor Point Acupuncture with Dr. Anthony J Lombardi and Rich Hazel
- EXSTORE Assessment & Treatment System for Orthopedic conditions with Dr. Anthony J Lombardi
- Master Tung’s Top Points from Theory to Clinical Success with Brad Whisnant
- Clinical applications of Traditional Chinese Medicine as an Adjunctive Therapy in the treatment of Oncology side effects with Dr. Michael McIntyre
- Distal Needling Acupuncture (DNA) with Doane Europe
- Treatment of Internal Diseases based on Medical Pulse Diagnosis with Doane Europe
- Treating Infertility with Jane Lyttleton
- Acupuncture, Gynaecology & Obstetrics with Debra Betts
- How to turn breech babies with acupuncture and moxibustion with Becks Armstrong, Debra Betts, Ineke Van Der Berg & Sarah Budd
- Understanding Jing Jin for treating musculoskeletal conditions with David Legge
- Qi Gong and Food Therapy with Dr. Fanyi Meng
- Clinical application of Traditional Chinese Dietetics & Energetics of Food with Daverick Leggett
- Tongue Diagnosis Workshop with Barbara Kirschbaum
- Occupational First Aid Course with Safety Ireland
Edel continues to study and build on her Chinese medical skills through continued professional development training courses and seminars and is currently studying for a Diploma in Chinese Herbal Medicine.
Edel is a member of the Acupuncture Foundation Professional Association (AFPA) & the European Traditional Chinese Medicine Association (ETCMA) and bound by a strict Code of Ethics and Practice. If you would like more information on Chinese Medicine or to set up an initial consultation please contact Edel on 086 4079430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Josephine Lynch has worked with Chinese Medicine since the late 80s. Edel & Josephine work together with any patient who requires or request Chinese Herbal Medicine to further support the Acupuncture treatment process.
She initially studied Acupuncture and then continued her training in Chinese Herbal Medicine. Josephine has continuously been furthering her studies, including 2 study and clinical trips to China. She completed a two year post graduate course in Gynaecology with Professor Wu, an outstanding teacher from the Beijing Hospital who uses Chinese medicine alongside western medicine very successfully.
Josephine has also done further training with the leading Chinese Herbal Medical Dermatologist, Mazin Al-Khafaji, in the use of herbs for many common skin diseases. (http://www.avicenna.co.uk/practitioners/mazin-al-khafaji/).
She has a Masters Degree in Mindfulness from the University of Bangor, Wales and is co-founder of The Mindfulness Centre www.mindfulness.ie, practicing and teaching Mindfulness on a daily basis.
Josephine is a member of the following professional organisations:
The Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine, The UK regulatory body with 450 members. www.rchm.co.uk/
The Irish Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine (IRCHM) http://irchm.com/
The Acupuncture Council of Ireland (ACI). www.tcmci.ie